Monday, September 19, 2005

Lots to be thankful for....

I posted a few pics today. Sort of a random assortment.

This one is of my tool chest. I went down to the beach Friday (I think... the days run together) and looked around. I found this and was able to pull it out with my truck. I was able to salvage a socket set that my brother in law gave me a few years ago (thanks Steve). I think with some elbow grease and a little WD-40 they should be nearly good as new. I had fun driving on the beach and tearing the tool box apart to get to my stuff inside.



INSURANCE UPDATE:

I finally today (Monday, September 19th... 13 days since initially filing a claim) got word from the insurance company that we have been assigned an adjuster. Keep praying that they will find favorably for us.

DAWGS WIN, rebs LOSE:

Nuff said.

MARRIOTT RENAISSANCE- Columbus, OH:
I have never been treated so kindly at a hotel. Ever. Period. Ever. I returned tonight after being gone for these last 3 weeks to hugs, cheers, smiles, genuine concern and love. They left a nice meal and some cold beer in the room for me. They asked about my wife. They offered their compassion and assistance. All of that on top of regularly (my work requires frequent travel and I've been staying here week to week for the last 11 months) providing the most considerate, attentive, thoughtful service of any enterprise I have ever frequented. If you are ever in the Columbus area, stay here.

SMITH & BYARS- Starkville, MS:
My dad came down this week along with Wiley Dean. They spent a couple of days working on crews clearing up debris and tarping roofs. Before leaving home, Dad had stopped by a men's clothing store I enjoy going to when I'm visiting Starkville and told the proprietor about how we had fared in the storm. Long story short, Sammy Smith put together a package of 3 very nice shirts and 2 great ties (EDITED 9/21/05- AND A NICE PAIR OF SHOES) to send down with Dad. If you're in Starkvegas and need nice men's clothes, please go see Sammy.
Map of
Smith & Byars
122 W Main St
Starkville MS

FIRST PRESBYTERIAN BILOXI:
The relief center continues to do great work. There are hundreds of workers coming in each week to provide relief to the community. Again, if you are interested in coming here and helping in a very real way, please contact the church office at 228.374.6881. All types of workers are needed from tree removal to tarping to kitchen staff to organizers to data entry and pretty much everywhere inbetween. Thanks to all of you who have already come and lent a helping hand.

1 comment:

Ve said...

Batch,
I've been checking in on your blog ever since it was referenced in a PCA news update by a local pastor. For what it's worth, and keeping in mind I don't have all the details, I wanted to encourage you with regard to you Homeowner's insurance. You had flood water, but that's not what leveled your house (is it?). The proximate cause seems to have been wind damage. I'd argue it that way if you get denied.
I'm a property & casualty agent in GA and used to handle HO claims. I'm no expert, but if I understand what a typical HO policy covers, I think you've got a claim.
Anyway, keep storing your treasure in heaven! God bless you and Holly.