Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Strong & black OR cream & sugar?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,147713,00.html

Coffee, caring for our colons, helping keep us cancer free.

The study reported above at FOXNEWS.COM indicates a link between coffee consumption and a reduction in liver and colon cancer, 2 pieces of my anatomy that I especially wish to remain cancer free. Thanks to the Japanese National Cancer Center, I now have a justification for spending a couple of bucks on my daily java... although as I drink decaf, I'm interested to see further study on the relative impact of caf vs decaf (as in the 2nd study mentioned).

WB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel better about my 3 cups this morning, and 1 this afternoon, with a frappachino chaser.... I'm sick, sick, sick. I never even used to like the stuff. Now I just drink it for the hell of it during meetings and such. It's not like I have to have it in the mornings or anything, but I drink it because it's there.

I guess after reading the article this will all even out because I had some old charter and wild turkey tonight to excercise my liver. I guess it all evens out like they talk about on "Sienfield."

Kate's Dad said...

b.
check out the new blog, it works all the time now instead of 40%.
lifeishappening.blogspot.com ;)

Kate's Dad said...

B. Wake up man, I think you've fallen asleep at the wheel. It's been almost a month since we've heard from you

Batch said...

Yes, it has been a while... haven't had any inspirations of late (no internet usage policy needs in my life). Its funny... I get mad when other people don't blog but feel no remorse when mine goes weeks/months without new content. I'll try to come up w/ something this week.

WB