JollyBlogger a.k.a. David Wayne (pastor of Glen Burnie Evangelical Presbyterian Church-PCA in Glen Burnie, MD) began a series of posts here discussing the issue. I was especially encouraged by this:
The language of his resolution was the language of encouragement, not binding law. In other words, his intention was to offer what amounts to pastoral advice, not a law. This was not presented as something that was to be binding on the conscience of the member of the PCA. I did not speak to him personally at the Assembly, but from listening to his humble and thoughtful presentation of his views I understood his intentions to be those of warning parents about the dangers of public schools and asking the denomination to encourage, not order, parents to pull their kids out of public schools. I can't envision Rev. Warhurst or his compatriots attempting to bring church discipline on those who failed to heed his/their encouragement.Anyhow, this discussion will go on for quite some time. I lean more toward the withdraw from gov't schools side of things but appreciate that there are challenges to both home and Christian schooling. It will be interesting to read/hear what people think on this issue.
B
1 comment:
My family and I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas where our government school libraries contain books with passages and pictures that would be better suited for an adult bookstore. You can see some of this material at www.teachclean.com.
Most, if not all, government schools are coming to this. Take heed, they won't warn you first!
Post a Comment